Friday 2 July 2010

Wonder Week - Day 4

So, it's the last day of this week's Stevie Wonder Special... and there are still so many magical love songs to choose from. I could have picked 'Until you come back to me', 'Hey love', 'Signed, Sealed...' (much used in the Obama election campaign so I read) and many more but instead I went for this one (beware very pre-MTV clip - bit chaotic and crappy):





Ah, Stevie - talent beyond words. The song was written by Ron Miller and Orlando Murden in 1967 and Stevie's version wasn't the first (it was released in 1968) but it is one of the best known.

I'll be back online for another recycled Poetry Bus in a couple of days (this week's instructions are at the Weaver's blog here). Have a Wonderful weekend everybody.

x

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Was just about to go out the door to the Birtish Lbrary but then saw your post - oh what a great song, what a great singer, what a fantastic way to start my Friday. Thank you :)

Rachel Fox said...

Maybe every day should start with a little Stevie?
Have a good day.
x

Titus said...

Ah, I was holding out hope for "I Was Made To Love Her", my number 1 Stevie track. It's like instant happiness.
Still, good choice, blog DJ. I have got the groove this week!

A Cuban In London said...

I've just been catching up with your Steview week. My favourite album is 'Innervisions' and I wrote a post about when I first started blogging in 2007. This is a great song. Thanks for posting it. I've got the whole Innervisions on my mp3 player and I was jogging the other day and 'Living for the Cooty' came on and boy! I was sprinting, even though I wasn't even into a third of my run yet. :-)

The man's a genius.

Greetings from London.

Rachel Fox said...

Yes, T, another top tune. There are so many! Now, let's all head to TFE's and play them full blast outside his house till he relents (not a fan apparently).

Cuban...the cooty? Have you been watching 'Hairspray'?

x

Titus said...

Great idea! I need payback for his inserting the ludicrously catchy New Irish National Anthem into my head. Correction, into our heads (all singing it now).

Rachel Fox said...

Oh yes...and Phil Lynott in the gallery on the vid too!
x

Totalfeckineejit said...

I liked yesterday's!!! Honest!!

But play 'I just called to say' etc etc outside the castle and I'll retaliate by bringing the real live Daniel O'Donnell to sing and have a cup of tea with the pair of ye!!

Rachel Fox said...

No, I wouldn't play that. I don't like that one either.
x

The Weaver of Grass said...

You have almost converted me Rachel. See you on the bus.

Rachel Fox said...

I'm on! I'm on!
x