Friday 28 January 2011

Stay with me

Some of you may not have realised that the poem in the last post was partly written as a response to the song in the clip below. Before you watch I should warn you however that this song is pop-dirge-cheese of the highest order (and some crazy outfits in the video too). It's from 1996 and is on the soundtrack for the movie 'Space Jam' (never seen that myself... it stars basketball star Michael Jordan and... Bugs Bunny...).



That song was written, produced and performed by R Kelly and I can't say I've ever known much about him or listened to much of his music. Funny though, how songs you don't like can stick in your head and sometimes even prompt work/poems that you do quite like. All the world's material...

x

5 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

I do agree about songs sticking in your head, whether you like it or not. Sometimes it can drive you crazy.

Rachel Fox said...

They call them earworms I think these days! And I suppose this was an earworm for me back when I wrote the poem...
x

hope said...

Well thanks for reminding me WHERE that song first raised it's head! Seems like every children's choir and wannabe pop star in America sang it that year! (And then Mr. Kelly got in trouble for playing with girls who weren't yet adults.)

And I believe that YOU can fly...how else will we be able to welcome you to America? :)

Rachel Fox said...

Yes, I read about his trouble on the wikipedia page. Guess that's one reason we don't hear so much about him any more... it wasn't much of a story over here (not that I remember anyway).

One of the reasons I used to hate the song was that it made me scream 'no I can't, no I can't'! Then when I listened to it yesterday possibly for the first time I didn't feel that way. That's a good sign... so here I come...

x

-blessed b9, Catalyst4Christ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.